Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good news! I have one confirmed reader! Bad news to follow.

…it’s Scott, who has told me in no uncertain terms that I should not be making fun of his keyboard, or any of his items on the internet.

So…not surprisingly my day began with a lecture and some keyboard cleaning time. Then things got way more interesting. Scott took me out for a driving lesson. Now, I already know how to drive – but Scott was teaching me storm driving. It was pretty crazy.

First, he made me practice loading the storm gear into the chase truck until I could get the whole process down to under a minute. Here’s a fun fact about storm gear. It is HEAVY and, if given its druthers, would really rather honestly stay put, thank you very much. But after a lot of tries I got it all in the truck.

Then he made me practice driving quickly in reverse. I cannot tell you how much I hated that. It is the hardest, most dangerous thing ever, ever. Don’t believe me? Turn your keyboard around and try to type a sentence as fast as possible. Now for bonus points, do that fifty times in a row while a grumpy scientist is yelling at you.

In the end though, Scott gave me a D. Which he said is bad, but not as bad as Chase, and NOWHERE near as good as Debbie (B+).

1 comment: